Tuesday 11 September 2012

Tools that i think every writer needs

There are two tools that I would deem the most important things that every writer needs, people may disagree with me but these are the things that have got me through this far, and have made me sure that  i will not give up on my dream.
The first one is a little obvious, Inspiration and determination to write. It's self-explanatory really, if you don't want to write you're probably not going to write anything of any value, because you couldn't care less whether it is good, also as an addition to this point, you need to find it fun, you're not going to jam out a 60,000 word book if you don't find it remotely fun, while most people enjoy actually going out and taking risks to have fun. There are nerds like me who get a rush out of writing about someone else taking the risk - All the rush with no real risk apart from maybe a paper cut:) - but if you're not like that then writing probably isn't going to be your strong suit, at least not writing books anyway, unless you have determination to get your message and story out to the world:).

The second one has been the most important thing for me, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. An amazing support group:) For first I have my amazing boyfriend, who reads everything I write no matter how terrible my unedited writing is, and always encourages me, I am thankful for him, and even though he doesn't understand why I love writing so much, he tries to help the best he can even though I know it bores him to tears when I talk about what's going on in my book, and probally when he reads them too. Here's a nice picture of the two of us, it was taken nearly two years ago but the sentiment is still there.

My second support group is the inspirational Go teen Writers group, I would have given up a long time ago if I hadn't found this blog and Facebook group, everyone there is so helpful and the posts on the blog are really great and have taught me alot that I didn't know about writing ( and are the main reason why my second book doesn't suck as much as my first.) I don't have a lot of writer friends so it's nice to know that I can go on the group and almost everyone understands when you've got writers block or you're struggling with something, and none of them judge for silly questions.
I hope this blog post wasn't too pointless, but a friend asked me how I can write so many words without dying of boredom and I was inspired.

Love,


2 comments:

  1. Great post! I am glad to be on GTW too. It's an awesome group and I can tell it will be very beneficial! AND no post is pointless. :) have a great rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone on there seriously are my guardian angels, i would have given up writing a long time ago if it wasn't for them!

      Delete