Saturday 25 May 2013

Book Review: Looking for Alaska.

I've only just noticed I've been a lot more active than usual this week. Well I left school yesterday! I was Pikachu for the day and I thought I'd just mention that before I move on to the topic of this post; Looking For Alaska by John Green! It was nothing like I expected it to be I'll say that first!

This book is made up to be amazing and to be honest it is just not in the way I expected it to be, It's sort of like perks of being a wallflower at the start, but then it changes and it's really not. I kind of love the fact that this book is the first that I think I've read as a writer (For explanation refer to this post), I saw things that the writer used to draw me in, in even the sturucture of the book which is something I've never noticed before. Although it did make me want to cry a little that I know I'll always have a hard time being THAT good. ( and the story itself made me cry but I can't give too much away). Basically Alaska is a girl who's kind of screwed up, she's had it hard and she blames herself for things, but she's impulsive as well. While Miles (although through most of the book I forgot that his name was Miles and not Pudge) is the opposite, he's always faded into the background to escape life and she changes him although they're opposites ( 'if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane') there are so many quoteable lines from this book and after reading it I want to be like Alaska a little (not drinking or smoking) but being a girl who you can look in her room and safely say that I am a girl who loves books! Which my room doesn't say as my mum makes me tidy my books away in my cupboard. I think the way this was written is truly amazing and is worth all the hype it gets. Although it does have some language and deals with sex alot I think that it's amazing. and the last words premise is amazing and ties in really well with the whole story, it doesn't just seem like John Green likes last words and wanted to base a book on them since the idea is seamlessly woven in to the storyline!.
You'll understand all that if you read it! Which you should as it's amazing. Now on the fault in our stars!

Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment