Wednesday 17 July 2013

Book Review; The Host.



Hey!
It took me a while to finish this book but I've done now! I think you really have to go into this book forgetting who the author is and remind yourself that authors can have books you hate and books you love. and while I'm not a big fan of Twilight I wouldn't say I hate it, but I would say that the host is a huge improvement from Twilight. Here's the cover;


Before you read this book apart from not judging Stephenie Meyer, I would also warn you to power through. It took me  almost 400 pages to be really passionate about this book because the world building is quite slow and for a while there's nothing really going on. I think Meyer's character development has really improved from Twilight to the host, I could relate to them all even wanderer who is an alien. Even the villain type people had clear objectives and I really felt sorry for them. Basically this book takes place in the future where aliens have taken over the earth but not in the way you would think they insert themselves into human brains with the objective of not only taking over the planet but of making it a better place to live in. Wanderer gets inserted into Melanie who was a rebel and unlike other human minds she refuses to fade away from her own mind and she stays around and talks to wanderer through her mind filling her head with memories of her boyfriend Jared and her brother Jamie until wanderer  loves them as much as Melanie does. They set out to find them both and make sure they're okay. At first when they find the rebels they don't trust Wanderer but as they get to know her they realise how peaceful she is and how compassionate she is for the humans.
I loved the complete contrast of personality from Melanie to Wanderer, as Melanie is a very aggressive person and wanderer is very peaceful. The love triangle/square was the weirdest ever. and I love Ian and Wanda because they are adorable. Jared was a douche to Wanda through it all but I loved his love for Melanie. I did love the world and how self-sacrificing Wanda was and the ending... for the last 100 pages I was on the brink of tears all through it. I had to message Harry's mum (who's read this book) to have her assure me whether or not it has a happy ending and I am so glad what I thought was going to happen didn't happen. although my second guess was exactly what happened. I loved all the characters and Wanda especially, but I also cannot think of anything else to say although I will edit this post if I think of other things I should have said. Anyway that's the host Bye!

Booktube Video!;



Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment